CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Lamb Cake

This is my first lamb cake, made this week.  
Lamb cake at Easter has long been a family tradition at my house growing up.




My mother made one every year -  we grew up on coconut wool, green-dyed coconut grass, and jellybean eyes.  I also remember at my 3rd birthday having a lamb cake and went digging through old photographs to find the pictures.  Not only did I find those, which are here:

1975

1975


I found several others that involve a lamb cake and my birthday, as well!

Sometimes my mom couldn't get the cake to stand up, 
and it didn't always have coconut wool...

1980

1981

1982

200?

I think it was because my birthday and Easter fall around the same time.  A two-for-one kind of deal.

NO WONDER I like lamb cake so much!
And hopefully, my boys will like it, too!


Did you know I'm not the only one with this issue?  

Apparently, if you google "Easter Lamb Cake", 
you'll find a whole flock of lambs ready for the slaughter!

Poor little cute lamb!

1 comments:

Silver Sprinkle Bakehouse

So cute! I love all the photos, especially the one of you with the chocolate-covered prone lamb, candles stuck in its side. Your lamb is gorgeous, as is the admirer of it.

I don't believe I've ever had lamb cake, although we did have heart cake with pink frosting and cinnamon candy heart garnish every year. (B-day just before Valentine's Day...go figure.)